What is Instagram?
Instagram is a photo and video sharing service that is one of the social media powerhouses that exists.
Instagram is the 10th most popular Google query. About half of the top 10 searches are generic terms like weather, news, and videos. But Facebook, Google, YouTube, and Amazon also feature in the top 10, and all ahead of Instagram. However, since Instagram is not primarily used through a web interface, the app’s high download rank is a more relevant figure. – Source HootSuite
Instagram is Everywhere
We may not always have our wallets or handbags on us but bet your bottom dollar we will have our mobile phones, which is another solid reason you should have a responsive, fast, beautiful dental website. That is one of the trends that has helped Instagram grow in notoriety within the social media industry.
In fact, 1 billion people, across the world, use Instagram each month and this doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon with 500 million people using Instagram stories each day.
How Important is Instagram:
- Instagram’s median engagement rate is 1.6%. That’s 17x higher than Facebook posts and 33x higher than a Tweet (Source: Rival IQ)
- A total of 4.2 billion likes occur on Instagram each day ( Source: Smash Social)
- 60% of all Instagram accounts visit the social platform on a daily basis (Source: Pew Research)
- 80% of people on Instagram follow a business (Source: Instagram)
- Instagram is the second most important social platform for marketers, behind only Facebook (Source: Social Media Examiner)
Instagram Posting Insights:
- Posts with high engagement have an average of 5.44 hashtags (Source: Mention)
- 60% of businesses who use Instagram Stories include an interactive element (hashtag, @mention or poll sticker) in at least one of their Stories every month (Source: Instagram)
- Videos posted to Instagram receive 21.2% higher engagement than single photos, and 18.6% more engagement than carousels (Source: Sprout Social)
- Instagram posts that include faces receive 38% more likes than those without faces (Source: Georgia Tech)
10 Instagram Post Ideas:
1. Photos with the patients
@perfectiondentalspa does a great job of taking photos with their patients. This beautiful photo of Dr. Mckenzie and her patient shows how well she connects with her and also displays two pearly white smiles.
2. Before & after smile photos
This beautiful before and after photo by @lindseymarshalldmd shows that the changes don’t have to be dramatic to be make a great post. They just need to show the results and happy patients.
3. Staff birthday photos or videos
The group at @toothtales obviously know how to celebrate a birthday and how to make lasting memories from it with moment capturing photos like this one.
4. Staff anniversaries photos or videos
@toothtales shows just how much their staff means to them in this heart warming photo. Behind each business are real people just like you and I. It is preceded by a cool graphic highlighting the anniversary girl.
5. Patient photo or video testimonials
When patients send in photos of their radiant smiles that’s free Instagram posts that everyone will love right there. @perfectiondentalspa
6. Office parties, events & fun photos or video
A @perfectiondentalspa a good time is definitely not off the menu. This photo shows just how cool and relatable the team can be. I’m getting a Charlies Angels vibe from this one.
7. Q&A having followers submit the questions
8. Volunteer & Community Events
@drwrightortho they have the Wright idea, ;-) see what I did there.
“Project WrightSmiles operates through local schools and community organizations where we can best identify children who are truly in need of orthodontic care. The program is coordinated with the help and support of each organization’s administration and applications are accepted on a quarterly basis. From this group we select one individual to provide a full course of treatment, without charge.” – DrWrightOrtho
10. Foodie or Otherwise Lifestyle Photos
The @thefoodie_dentist does a fantastic job connect with her following using meal photos. Let’s face it, not even dentists want to talk or see dentistry related thinsg all day. So give it a break every now and again and post some real lifestyle photos.Not into food? How about the gym, beaches, pets etc.
Above we have some cool ideas for posts that are ideal for dental practices. Feel free to use all or any and be sure to and more. If you have any other great social media ideas then please feel free to add them in the comments.